Skip to main content

Transitional Housing

Up to 18 months of housing for people who experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19 or qualify for unemployment.

Who Is Eligible

You may be eligible if:

  • You are a Vermont resident,
  • Your gross income is under 80% AMI,
  • You have not received more than 18 months of assistance through the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP),
  • You experienced some financial hardship directly or indirectly due to COVID-19 or qualify for unemployment benefits,and
  • You have not applied for or received any other federal funds to pay for expenses covered under ERAP.

If Your Application Is Approved

If approved, you can stay in a hotel for up to 18 months or as long as funding is available.

How To Apply

  1. Complete the Application For Assistance For Transitional Housing
  2. Enter into an Occupancy Agreement with a hotel/motel.
  3. Drop your documents off at a District Office or use the Document Uploader to send it to us.

Where To Learn More

Call our Benefits Call Center at 1-800-479-6151.