DCF has federal stimulus funds to help most Reach Up households pay their rent.
Who is eligible?
To qualify, you must:
- Live in Vermont and have to pay rent.
- Be enrolled in Reach Up, Reach First, Reach Ahead, Reach Up SSI, or PSE.
- Have household income at or below 80% of Area Median Income (AMI).
- Have at least one household member who experienced financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the Covid-19 pandemic (e.g., qualified for unemployment, had increased expenses/decreased income).
You are not eligible if the only Reach Up benefit you get is a Child-Only Caretaker Grant. If you qualify, you could apply for the Vermont Emergency Rental Assistance Program.
What can be paid?
- Up to 18 months of rental assistance. This can be a combination of current rent, future rent, and past-due rent (arrears) incurred on or after March 13, 2020.
- A security deposit required to secure the unit.
What's the best way to apply?
Your best option is to apply online. You'll need:
- An email address.
- Your landlord/property manager's email address.
- Access to the Internet.
If you don't have all the above, email us or call your Reach Up Case Manager to ask for a paper application or fillable pdf form.
What's the online application process?
- Gather the information you need to complete the application. It will timeout after 15 minutes of inactivity and you can't save it.
- Complete the Tenant Application.
- You'll get an email telling you whether you are eligible.
If your application is accepted:
- We email your landlord/property manager asking them to complete the Landlord Certification.
- They complete and submit the certification.
- We notify you once this process is complete.
- Reach Up Central Office reviews for final eligibility determination and issues payment if no further verification is needed.
BONUS: If you get PSE, Reach First, or Reach Up, you could also get FREE weatherization services!
Where can I learn more?
- Read the Frequently-Asked Questions for Tenants
- Read the Frequently-Asked Questions for Landlords
If you still have questions
Contact your Reach Up Case Manager or email AHS.DCFESDReachUpERA@vermont.gov.