A pilot program for pregnant women, moms and female caregivers in Chittenden County.
If you qualify, the VT MOMS PartnershipSM will teach you how to manage stress.
- be at least 18 and identify as a woman,
- be the mother or primary caregiver of a child under 18,
- struggle emotionally (as determined by a survey), AND
- Participate — now or at any time in the past 2 years — in Reach Up, Reach First, Reach Ahead or Post-Secondary Education. OR
- Care for a child who is getting a Child-Only Reach Up grant.
What help is available?
Our 8-week Stress Management Course will teach you to deal with stress. Classes are once a week; each one is 90 minutes long and is led by a Community Mental Health Ambassador and MOMS clinician.
- Steps for problem-solving
- Communication styles
- Balancing stress & fun
- Relaxation tips
Free supervised activities and snacks for your children while you’re in class.
Get a gift card each time you attend!
Where & when do classes take place?
Classes begin in March 2020 and will take place all through the year. Multiple days/times/locations are available.
How do I sign up?
There are two ways to sign up:
- Ask your Reach Up Case Manager about this program.
- Send an email to VTMoms@howardcenter.org.