Seasonal Fuel Assistance

Seasonal Fuel Assistance can help pay part of your home heating bills — whether you own your home or rent, pay for heat directly or as part of rent.


You may be eligible if your gross household income is equal to or less than 185% of the federal poverty level based on household size. The resources you own (e.g., savings, property) will not be counted.  

There may be people in your home who are not in your Fuel Assistance household (e.g., caretaker or roomer):

  • We will not count their income when we determine if you are eligible and, if so, for how much.
  • You still need to list everyone living in your home on the application form.   

How to apply

  • If you received Fuel Assistance last season, we'll automatically send you an annual review form. Once we get your completed form, we'll review your eligibility for fuel assistance this season.
  • If you did not receive Fuel Assistance last season, there are several ways to apply. You can:

You could get free weatherization services

Once you are an active Seasonal Fuel Assistance household, you could get FREE weatherization services.

Where to get fuel

Get a list of fuel dealers certified with the Fuel Assistance Program.  Firewood/wood pellet suppliers don't have to be certified. Benefits will be paid directly to eligible applicants.

If you have questions or need help applying