Vermont Gas Energy Assistance helps lower-income Vermonters afford natural gas for their homes.
What assistance is available?
If we determine that you are eligible, you’ll get a 20% discount off your monthly natural gas bill.
Am I eligible for energy assistance?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a residential customer of Vermont Gas Systems, Inc.
- Have a gross monthly household income at or below 185% of the federal poverty level
How do I apply?
- Print and complete this application form. Or call 1-800-775-0516 to ask that one be mailed to you.
- Attach a copy of your most recent gas bill. Don't send an original.
- Submit your completed application to:
DCF – Economic Services Division, Application & Document Processing Center, 280 State Drive, Waterbury VT 05671-1500
- After you submit it, we may ask you to provide more documents to verify certain information. Use the AHS Document Uploader to send us documents securely — from your computer, phone or tablet. Follow the steps in the Uploader instructions to upload documents.
You must reapply each year!
Who do I call if I have questions or need help applying?
What if I have questions about my bill?
Call Vermont Gas at 1-800-639-8081 or contact them online at http://vermontgas.com/
Is there anything else I need to know?
Once you're enrolled in the program, you must call 1-800-775-0516 to report any changes to your household income or household members — within 10 business days. Failure to report changes will make you ineligible for the program and may result in legal action against you for discounts improperly received.