GMP's Energy Assistance helps lower-income Vermonters afford energy for their homes — regardless of how they heat their homes.
What assistance is available?
If we determine that you're eligible, you:
- Will get a 25% discount off the monthly charges for the energy you use
- May qualify for arrears forgiveness if you're new to the program and owe on a past bill
- May qualify for partial arrears forgiveness (50% of your bill) if you're currently enrolled in the program and owe on a past bill. If this is the case, call GMP at 1-888-835-4672 to ask about arrears forgiveness and set up a payment plan to pay the remaining 50%. You must contact GMP before the first day of the disconnect window.
Am I eligible for energy assistance?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a residential customer of Green Mountain Power
- Have a total gross monthly household income at or below 150% of the federal poverty level
How do I apply?
- Print and complete this application form. You can also call 1-800-775-0516 to ask that one be mailed to you. Leave a message if you get voicemail.
- Attach a copy of your most recent electric bill. Don't send an original bill; it will not be returned to you.
- Be sure you sign the application.
- Submit your completed application to:
DCF – Economic Services Division
Application & Document Processing Center
280 State Drive
Waterbury VT 05671-1500
You must reapply each year to keep getting the discount!
Who can I call if I have questions or need help applying?
Call the Economic Services Division at 1-800-775-0516.
What if I have questions about my bill?
Call Green Mountain Power at 1-888-835-4672 or contact them online at http://www.greenmountainpower.com/
Is there anything else I need to know?
Once you're enrolled in the program, you must call 1-800-775-0516 to report any changes to your household income or household members — within 10 business days. Failing to report changes will make you ineligible for the program and may result in legal action against you for discounts improperly received.