GMP's Energy Assistance helps lower-income Vermonters afford energy for their homes — regardless of how they heat their homes.
What assistance is available?
If we determine that you're eligible, you:
- Will get a 25% discount off the monthly charges for the energy you use
- May qualify for arrears forgiveness if you're new to the program and owe on a past bill
Am I eligible for energy assistance?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a residential customer of Green Mountain Power
- Have a total gross monthly household income at or below 150% of the federal poverty level
How do I apply?
- Print and complete this application form. Or call 1-800-775-0516 to ask that one be mailed to you.
- Attach a copy of your most recent electric bill. Don't send an original.
- Sign the application and submit it to:
DCF – Economic Services Division, Application & Document Processing Center, 280 State Drive, Waterbury VT 05671-1500
- After you submit it, we may ask you to provide more documents to verify certain information. Use our Document Uploader to send documents securely — from your computer, phone or tablet.
You must reapply each year to keep getting the discount!
Who can I call if I have questions or need help applying?
Call the Economic Services Division at 1-800-775-0516.
What if I have questions about my bill?
Call Green Mountain Power at 1-888-835-4672 or contact them online at http://www.greenmountainpower.com/
Is there anything else I need to know?
Once you're enrolled in the program, you must call 1-800-775-0516 to report any changes to your household income or household members — within 10 business days. Failing to report changes will make you ineligible for the program and may result in legal action against you for discounts improperly received.