Helps you save money for a specific goal like buying your first home, pursuing higher education, starting a micro business, or fixing a car so you can work.
Who Is Eligible
Eligibility is based on household income and assets:
- Your gross household income can be up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- At least one family member must have earned income through a job or self-employment.
- You can have up to $10,000 in personal assets, not counting the home you live in and one vehicle.
If Your Application Is Approved
- Program staff help you plan to save up to $1,000 over a two-year period.
- The program matches every dollar saved (up to $1,000) with one dollar.
- You attend classes to help you learn how to manage your finances.
- You can access your matched funds after you've saved for at least 12 months and have a written plan showing how you'll spend the money to reach your goal.
This means that if you:
- Save the allowed maximum of $1,000 +
- The program gives you a match of $1,000 =
You'll have $2,000 saved to help you achieve your goal.
How To Apply
Contact your local Community Action Agency.