The USDA Food and Nutrition Service awarded Vermont a grant to be used for the purchase of wireless EBT-only service subscriptions and complementary equipment.
If you are eligible, you may receive a portion of this grant — on a reimbursement basis.
Who is eligible to participate in this program?
Any farmers' market or direct market farmer1 in Vermont who:
- Is authorized by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service to accept SNAP benefits (3SquaresVT), AND
- Does not currently have a federally-funded, EBT-only machine that works.
If your market/farm is not approved to accept SNAP, review the general requirements to see if you might be eligible and, if you are, apply here.
1. Direct Market Farmers: farmer-producers who sell their own agricultural products directly to the general public.
How do you participate?
- Review the Funding Announcement.
- Review the State-Approved Solutions and determine which one best suits your needs.
- Complete the Funding Application.
- Email it along with a completed IRS Form W-9 to us at AHS.EBT@vermont.gov.
- Sign the Reimbursement Funding Agreement that we'll send you via ESignLive.
- Set up your chosen solution following the instructions below:
- Novo Dia Group, Inc. - Go to https://totilpay.com/totilpay-go/
- Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. - Complete FIS Wireless Payments Agreement (assistance call 1-800-558-6980 x3422)
- Conduent, Inc. via CDE Solutions - Call 1-678-321-6955
- Pay the vendor upfront.
- Complete the Reimbursement Request Form.
- Email your form along with an itemized invoice from the vendor AND proof of payment to AHS.EBT@vermont.gov.
Markets/farms have until July 1, 2021 to request reimbursement for acquired equipment, service subscriptions and transaction fees. Requests submitted after July 1, 2021 will not be considered. Markets should consider this when choosing their state-approved solution.
To learn more, read these Frequently-Asked Questions.