Applications are no longer being accepted for this grant program.
The Vermont Department for Children and Families (DCF) is pleased to announce a new grant program that aims to support and stabilize the state’s child care industry — a sector hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Child Care Stabilization Grants, funded through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARAP), will help regulated child care providers:
- Cover unexpected business costs associated with the pandemic, and
- Stabilize their operations so they can continue providing care.
To be eligible for the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Registered or Licensed Family Child Care Home (FCCH), Center Based Child Care and Preschool Program (CBCCPP), Afterschool Child Care Program (ASP) license, or be an Approved Relative Child Care Provider at the time of your application.
- Be located in Vermont.
- Serve Vermont families.
- Be open and serving children as of the date of your application; or if the program was open on March 11, 2021, and currently closed due to COVID-19, plans to be open within 30 days of completing your application.
Programs that have been suspended or had their license revoked are not eligible to apply for this program.
Use of Funds
Approved spending categories include:
- Personnel Costs (including payroll and salaries or similar compensation for an employee --including any sole proprietor or independent contractor-- employee benefits, premium pay, or costs for employee recruitment and retention).
- Rent (including rent under a lease agreement) or payment on any mortgage obligation, utilities, facility maintenance or improvements, or insurance.
- Personal protective equipment, cleaning and sanitization supplies and services, or training and professional development related to health and safety practices.
- Purchases of or updates to equipment and supplies to respond to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Goods and services necessary to maintain or resume child care services.
- Mental health support for children/families and employees.
Child Development Division staff will be available to provide technical assistance and answer questions, Monday - Friday, 8AM - 4:30PM (excluding State holidays). Please contact us at AHS.DCFARPAGrant@vermont.gov.
Our partner agencies are also available to help programs access relevant information.
- Building Bright Futures (BBF) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let's Grow Kids (LGK) at email@example.com
- Vermont Afterschool (VAS) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-448-3464
- Vermont Association for the Education of Young Children (VTAEYC) at email@example.com or 802-234-1090
Page Last Updated: 06/13/2022