Give a child what we all want: a sense of belonging, a place to call home & lifelong family connections.
The Need for Adoptive Parents
On any given day in Vermont, there are about 140 children waiting for families to adopt them. Most are school-aged, many have special needs and some are part of a sibling group who want to stay together.
The Waiting Children
Meet some of the children waiting for their forever families
Who Can Apply
- Must be at least 21
- Can be single, married, living with a partner, or joined through civil union
- Must have a valid adoption home study or Vermont foster care license
Applications are considered regardless of disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity/expression, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Get The Adoption Process Started
Contact Project Family at 1-800-746-7000 or Toni.Yandow@partner.vermont.gov.
- Adoption Assistance for Children Involved With DCF
- Agreement for Post-Adoption Contact or Communications
- Provide Permanency
- Vermont Adoption Consortium
Reach Out If You Adopted A Child & Have Questions.
Call (802) 241-0876 or email email@example.com if you have questions about adoption, Medicaid, adoption assistance, post-permanency services and more.
A partnership between DCF and: