Our mission is to foster the healthy development, safety, well-being, and self-sufficiency of Vermonters.
We envision Vermont as a place where:
- People prosper,
- Children and families are safe and have strong, loving connections, and
- Individuals have the opportunity to fully develop their potential.
While each division has its own priorities and areas of focus, we are unified in our passion for:
- Eliminating hunger, poverty, and homelessness.
- Increasing the self-sufficiency of Vermonters.
- Increasing the safety and well-being of children, youth and families.
- Supporting Vermont’s most vulnerable citizens (e.g., older Vermonters, people with disabilities, and children).
DCF has six divisions that administer our main programs and services: