The Family Services Division (FSD) is Vermont's youth justice agency. We provide supports and services to the following youth and their families:
What We Do
As Vermont's youth justice agency, we:
- Assess youth to determine their strengths and challenges;
- Provide youth with needed supports and services;
- Place youth in temporary out-of-home care when needed to keep them or their communities safe;
- Work with youth and their parents towards their safe return home; and
- Find permanent homes for youth who can't return home safely.
Balanced & Restorative Justice (BARJ)
BARJ is an approach to juvenile justice that includes both the victims and community in responding to crime and focuses on offender accountability and community safety.
Click here to read more about BARJ.
Equal Employment Opportunity Plan
DCF filed the DCF EEOP Utilization Report with the Department of Justice as a requirement of receiving Juvenile Justice Awards. This report analyzes relevant labor market data and our employment practices to identify possible barriers to the participation of women and minorities in all levels of our workforce. Its purpose is to ensure the opportunity for full and equal participation of men and women in the workplace, regardless of race, color or national origin.