If you suspect that a child is being abused or neglected, please call 1-800-649-5285 to report it —24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Child Protection Line makes it easy for you to share your concerns about a child's safety with a trained social worker.
Tip: Before you call, try to have as much information on hand as possible (e.g., the child’s name, date of birth, home address, school or child care provider, and parents’ names).
If a child is in immediate danger, dial 911 or your local police first. Then, call us to make a report.
Who can make a report?
We encourage all Vermonters to call the Child Protection Line to report their concerns about children’s safety. Certain people, called mandated reporters, are legally required to report any suspected child abuse and neglect to us within 24 hours.
Mandated Reporters: Click here to learn about the reporting requirements for mandated reporters.
- Kliknite ovdje da dobijete bosansku verziju (Bosnian)
- Cliquez ici pour consulter la version en français (French)
- नेपाली संस्करणमा जान यहाँ क्लिक गर्नुहोस् (Nepali)
- Halkan ku dhufo si aad u tagto Qaybta Soomaaliga (Somali)
- Hacer clic aquí para ir a la versión en español (Spanish)
- Bofya hapa ili uende kwenye toleo la Kiswahili (Swahili)
Protecting children is everyone's business! Your report could protect a child, get help for a family, and even save a child’s life!