Training materials from events and projects sponsored the Office of Economic Opportunity.
Once you click on the links, you'll be asked to register with your name and email address.
- Housing Opportunity Grant Program (HOP) Notice of Funding & Application
- Bed Bugs 101 for Shelters & Supportive Housing Programs
Click here for the pdf version
- Early Childhood & Homelessness: Research, Resources & Partnerships
- Supporting Kids Together: Homeless Service & Education Partnerships in Vermont
- Understanding ADA & Reasonable Accommodation for Homeless Shelter & Service Providers
- Fair Housing & Homeless Shelters - What You Need to Know
Poverty & Opportunity Training Forum (2017)
- ABCs of Two-Gen
- Beyond - Mindfulness - Based Stress Reduction
- Creating Trauma Informed Communities
- Pulling in the Same Direction: Two-Generation Strategies to Break the Cycle of Poverty
- Transforming Compassion Fatigue to Compassion Satisfaction
- Trauma Exposure Response
- Trauma Stewardship
- Walking Meditation with Shinrin Yoko
Poverty & Opportunity Training Forum (2015)
- Coaching to Motivate and Build Solutions
- De-Escalation of People Experiencing a Psychiatric Crisis
- Head Start Family Independence Initiative Demonstration Project
- Resolving Ambivalence and Tipping the Balance Toward Change
- Succession Planning / Leadership Development
- The Basics of Motivational Interviewing or How to be More Effective with Your Clients
- The Science of Poverty: Mobility Mentoring™ - From Theory to Outcomes
- Using Behavioral Science To Do Good
- Using Behavioral Science to Understand and Combat Poverty
- Building Financial Capability: A Planning Guide for Integrated Services
Shining a Light on Poverty: A Year-Long Series of Discussions on Poverty
OEO sponsored a year-long series of discussions on poverty. The following are presentations from the series.
- Discussion #1: Is Poverty Making Us Sick?
- Discussion #2: War on Poverty: Large Positive Impact, More Work Remains
- Discussion #3: Homelessness: Illness or Poverty?
- Discussion #4: Feet on the Street Housing Retention.
- Discussion #5: Do you have enough to eat? How we feed our neighbors in need.
- Discussion #6: Ending the Injustice of Hunger and Malnutrition in Vermont
- Discussion #7: Building Financial Security for Your Clients
- Discussion #8: Universal Children's Savings Accounts: New England Takes the Lead
- Discussion #9:Collective Impact: Creating Sustainable Community Solutions
- Discussion #10: Women and Poverty in Vermont: Intersections of Inequity and Lessons
- Discussion #11: Behavioral Economics & Poverty
- Discussion #12: Emerging adults in Vermont - Two Broke Girls are in Good Company
Your Money, Your Goals
- Introduction to Your Money, Your Goals
- Talking to the Participant
- Self Assessments Coaching and Counseling
- Setting your Goals
- Setting Goals with Participants
- Spending and Savings The Big Picture
- Tracking and Analyzing the Tracking Data
- Bills and Budgets
- Starting Savings
- Making Incentives Work
- Starting the Debt/Credit Conversation
- Debt Management
- Resources for Paying Down & Avoiding Debt
- Credit Reports What Why and How!!!
- Managing credit