- Give children a sense of belonging and place to call home
- Help children to heal, learn and grow
- Provide lifelong family connections
The Need for Adoptive Parents
On any given day in Vermont, there are about 80 children waiting in foster care for families to adopt them. Most are school-aged, many have special needs and some are part of a sibling group who want to stay together.
- Meet some of the children waiting in foster care for their forever families
Who Can Apply
To adopt a child in foster care, you:
- Must be at least 21
- Can be single, married, living with a partner, or joined through civil union
- Must have a valid adoption home study or Vermont foster care license
Applications are considered regardless of disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity/expression, race, religion, or sexual orientation. All types of families are needed and are welcome to apply!
Get The Process Started
Contact Project Family at 1-800-746-7000 or Toni.Yandow@partner.vermont.gov.
A partnership between DCF and: