Child Care Licensing In Person Training Opportunities
Family Child Care Providers and licensees of Center Based Child Care and Preschool Programs are required to attend a training on the new regulations. The title of the training that meets this requirement is "Here We Go: New CBCCPP/FCCH Licensing Rules." If you have taken the online version and completed successfully, you do not need take the in person training. If you were not successful you will need to take the in person training.
We are working with Vermont Birth to Five to assist us with scheduling FCCH and CBCCPP in-person trainings on the new regulations in the various areas around the state. These trainings are 2 ½ hours and will count towards annual professional development hours as well as meeting the requirement for FCCH rule 1.3.3 and CBCCPP rule 1.3.4.
Who is Required to Take the Training?
Family Child Care Providers (owners of Registered and Licensed Family Child Care Homes) are required to take the Here We Go: New FCCH Licensing Rules training.
Licensees of Center Based Child Care and Preschool Programs are required to take the Here We Go: New CBCCPP Licensing Rules training. This includes non-recurring care programs as well. A licensee may be a single owner, partnership, or corporation. When the licensee is a corporation, the corporation is required to identify the person who represents the licensee. This is the person responsible for attending this training. For corporations, the director may serve as the representative for the licensee.
Individuals should take the training appropriate to the type of license they hold, for example if a registered home provider takes the center based training, the training will not be counted towards meeting the licensing requirement.
In Person Training Opportunities
Below are the training times, dates and locations that have been confirmed.
- Thursday, June 15 for CBCCPP 6:00-8:30 pm
- Location – Child Care Resource, 181 Commerce Street, Williston
- To register for this training click here: https://reg.abcsignup.com/reg/event_page.aspx?ek=0058-0020-24d6af5545ad40bc831159f289465d99
- Wednesday, June 21 FCCH – 6:00 to 8:30 pm
- Location – Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital in Auditorium C, Auditorium B, and Auditorium A, click here for directions http://www.dartmouth-hitchcock.org/locations-directions.html
- To Register Contact Emily Marshia at email@example.com
- Monday, June 12 FCCH – 6:00 to 8:30 PM - to register: https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=2001594
- Wednesday, June 14 CBCCPP – 6:00 to 8:30 PM - to register click here https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=2001591
- Location for both – CVPS/Leahy Community Health Education Center, Rutland Regional Medical Center, 160 Allen Street, Rutland (conference rooms CRA, CRB)
- Thursday, June 15th - CBCCPP - 6:00 to 8:30 PM - to register click here https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=2009804
- Wednesday, June 21st - FCCH - 6:00 to 8:30 PM - to register click here https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=2009782
- Location for both - Springfield Area Parent Child Center, 6 Main Street, North Springfield
- Wednesday, May 31st - FCCH - 6:00 to 8:30 PM
- Location - Little Dippers Doodle Children’s Center, 1198 Industrial Parkway, St. Johnsbury
- To register click here https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=2007070
Save the Date - Waterbury
- Thursday, June 22nd - CBCCPP - 6:30 to 9:00 PM - to register click here https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=2010309
- Tuesday, June 27th - FCCH - 6:30 to 9:00 PM - to register click here https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=2010273
- Location for both - Best Western Plus Waterbury/Stowe, 45 Blush Hill Road, Waterbury
Additional training times and online opportunities will be offered this summer and fall. An additional email with the dates and times will be sent out at a later date.
What if I am signed up for Fundamentals?
In addition to the "Here We Go: New CBCCPP/FCCH Licensing Rules" training, licensing staff also provide a "Fundamentals Licensing Regulation" training. If you are a Family Child Care Provider and/or licensee who is required to complete the Fundamentals Course, please sign up to take "Here We Go: New CBCCPP/FCCH Licensing Rules" training instead of the "Fundamentals Licensing Regulation" training. By taking "Here We Go: New CBCCPP/FCCH Licensing Rules" training, you will meet the requirement by FCCH rule 1.3.3 or CBCCP rule 1.3.4 and will meet the Fundamentals licensing class requirement.