May proclaimed Foster Care Month in Vermont!
Foster, kinship foster and adoptive families from across the state joined DCF Commissioner Ken Schatz, DCF staff and others at the State capitol today to witness Governor Phil Scott sign a proclamation declaring May as Foster Care Month in Vermont.
Foster Care Month is a great opportunity to:
- Thank foster and kinship foster families across the state who provide safe homes for children while they can’t be at home. Please join us in thanking them for all that they do! Our work would not be possible without their care and support.
- Let all Vermonters know about the need for foster families for children of all ages, experiences and needs. This includes:
- Infants, toddlers, school-age children and teens
- Siblings who want to stay together
- Children with complex medical needs or developmental disabilities
- Youth who identify as LGBTQ