Do you have a passion for:
- Keeping children safe?
- Strengthening families?
- Reducing poverty & homelessness?
- Helping Vermonters in need?
If you answered YES to any of them, a career with DCF might be right for you!
We regularly recruit for:
- Benefits Programs Specialists in our Economic Services Division (ESD)
- Case Aides in our Family Services Division (FSD)
- Social Workers in our Family Services Division (FSD)
Current Job Postings
To see current job postings and apply online, go to the VT Department of Human Resources website and click on Job Seekers on the right-hand side of the page.
Benefits of Working for the State
Working for the state comes with many benefits, including paid leave, health and dental insurance, pension plan, life insurance, and more. To learn more about these benefits:
- Go to the Employee's section of the Vermont Department of Human Resources website.
- Go to the New Employee Orientation section of the Vermont Department of Human Resources website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Plan
DCF filed the DCF EEOP Utilization Report with the Department of Justice as a requirement of receiving Juvenile Justice Awards. This report analyzes relevant labor market data and our employment practices to identify possible barriers to the participation of women and minorities in all levels of our workforce. Its purpose is to ensure the opportunity for full and equal participation of men and women in the workplace, regardless of race, color or national origin.
The Vermont Department for Children and Families is one of the largest departments in state government. The opportunities for growth and promotion are excellent.