The Strengthening Families Grant Program was established by the Child Development Division (CDD) of the Department for Children and Families in the Agency of Human Services in January of 2010 as part of a major reform in child care assistance policy and practice. The program offers regulated early care and learning programs an opportunity to apply for limited funds in a competitive process. Grants are awarded for a one year period with an option to fund each successful applicant for up to three years overall in each round.
The services enhanced by this Strengthening Families grant relate to the following Act 186 Outcomes of Well-being:
- Vermont’s children and young people achieve their potential including children are ready for school
- Vermont’s Families are safe, nurturing, stable and supported
The primary goal of these grants is to ensure affordable access to high quality comprehensive early care and education programs for children and families challenged by economic instability and other environmental risk factors. Additional goals are to maintain/increase a supply of high quality infant-toddler care and to increase family strengths and resiliency in providing a nurturing environment that promotes the early development of their children.
In this round, the maximum amount of any individual grant award is adjusted for program size. See the chart in the grant overview below. For more information about the requirements of the grant see the grant overview below.
2018 Grant Information and Required Forms
Grants must be submitted online (link available end of February) by 4:00 PM March 26th, 2018. Applications must use the required documents below. Incomplete applications will be denied. Questions about the grant can be sent to Melissa Riegel-Garrett at email@example.com or call Melissa at 802-989-9685.
- Strengthening Families Grant Application Instructions
- Strengthening Families Grant Frequently Asked Questions
- Strengthening Families Grants Overview
- Strengthening Families Application
- Strengthening Families Application Budget Form
- Strengthening Families Application Submission Link: https://form.jotform.com/80453735450152 - This is a request form to receive a unique application form. It will email you a link to your application.
The 2014 Strengthening Families Grants have been awarded. See a list of grantees.