Helps families and individuals who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
There are a variety of services available throughout the state:
- Emergency shelters
- Transitional housing
- Services and financial assistance to prevent homelessness and quickly re-house families and individuals who are homeless, including:
- Housing search and placement
- Landlord tenant mediation
- Help navigating housing resources
- Help with money management/credit repair
- Follow up services to help maintain housing
- In some cases, help with financial expenses such as rental arrears, rental assistance, and security deposits
To learn about the services available in your community, dial 2-1-1 toll free from anywhere in Vermont or go to vermont211.org.
To learn about efforts to end homelessness in Vermont, go to http://helpingtohousevt.org