Options for Paying Your Child Support
- Pay online: go to the EZPay4Kids website to pay by credit card, debit card or electronic check (24/7)
- Pay in person: visit your regional OCS office to pay by credit card, debit card, cash or check
- Pay by phone: call 1-800-786-3214 to pay by credit or debit card
- Pay by mail: send a check or money order along with a payment coupon to: VT Office of Child Support, PO Box 1310, Williston, VT 05495; write the OCS case number and name of the parent getting support on the check/money order
The law requires OCS customers to sign up for electronic payments. There are two options:
- Through direct deposit into one bank account
- On a Reliacard® Prepaid Visa® Debit Card that you can use to make purchases, pay bills, or get cash everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted
Help Paying & Getting Child Support Payments
While most child support payments in Vermont are made through wage withholding, there are two exceptions:
- If the non-custodial parent is self-employed, the court typically instructs the parent to make payments directly to the Office of Child Support (OCS)
- If both parents ask the court to waive wage withholding and the court agrees, the parents handle support payments on their own
If the only service you need from us is to collect and distribute child support payments, you do not need to apply for OCS services; however, there will be a $5 monthly fee for services.
If you want full services from OCS, send us a completed application for child support services. Services are available free of charge to parents and guardians of children under 18 or still in high school.
- Call the Child Support Helpline at 1-800-786-3214.
- Read Child Support in Vermont: A Handbook for Parents.