Below is information about Vermont's Child Care Financial Assistance Program for child care providers.
To receive payments from the Child Care Financial Assistance Program, you must have:
- A current Provider Agreement, Part 1 Financial Services entered into the Bright Futures Information System; and
- A W-9 form filed with the Child Development Division.
Submitting Attendance Reports
All licensed, registered, and legally-exempt child care providers who want to be paid by the Child Care Financial Assistance Program, need to submit attendance reports in the Bright Futures Information System (BFIS).
Attendance must be submitted in two-week intervals, called service periods, after the end of the service period. The processing cutoff date is normally Wednesday at noon, with checks typically issued the following Friday. Any invoice processed after noon on Wednesday will be scheduled for payment the following week.
If you have any questions or difficulty entering attendance, contact the BFIS help desk at: 1-800-649-2642 option 4 or http://bfishelp.ahs.state.vt.us.
More Information & Forms
- Provider Payment Handbook
- Direct Deposit Request Form
- Child Care Financial Assistance Program Rates - effective for attendance starting November 3rd, 2013
- Child Care Financial Assistance Program Rates - effective for attendance starting August 21, 2016
- Instructions on Submitting Attendance in the Bright Futures Information System (BFIS)