Farm to Family in Vermont

Farm To Family coupons help you buy locally-grown fresh fruits and vegetables at  participating farmers' markets

About one in four Vermonters qualifies for Farm To Family coupons.

Who is eligible?

  1. Families enrolled in the Vermont Department of Health’s WIC Program.
  2. Other individuals or families with household incomes at or below 185% of the federal poverty limit. Income limits are updated each spring. For example, the limits for the 2015 farmers' market season were $1,815 a month for a single person, $2,456 for a couple, and $3,739 for a family of four. Some of the coupons are reserved for income-eligible households that include someone aged 60 or older.

When can I apply?

The application process begins in late June of each year. Coupons are provided at the time of application. Distribution is on a first come, first served basis until all the coupons are gone. Apply early! Some offices run out quickly.

Coupons are valid for one market season.  They expire on October 31st of each year.

How do I apply?

  1. Families with a WIC participant over six months old - Apply at special Farm To Family sessions held by your local District Health Office. Get the program schedule in the June WIC Newsletter or by calling your District Health Office or 1-800-464-4343 (extension 7333).
  2. Other households - Apply through your local Community Action Agency. Call them in mid-June to find out when and where the coupons will be distributed.

What can I get?

You can get $30 in coupons as well as tips about shopping at farmers’ markets and selecting fresh produce.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

Farm to Family is a program of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).

The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department.  (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at 

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).  

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.