Building Community; Building Hope With Children, Families, and Communities
April is National Child Abuse Prevention month, a time to remember that we all play a part in preventing child maltreatment. Learn how you can build community and hope with children and families. Raise awareness this April and all year long:
- Visit the National Child Abuse Prevention Month website to find useful resources.
- Download the 2016/2017 Prevention Resource Guide: Building Community, Building Hope.
- Distribute the tip sheets ranging in topics from bonding with your baby and making healthy connections, to developing strong communities, managing your finances, and ways to be a better Dad. The tip sheets are available in both English and Spanish!
- Share three activity calendars—available in English and Spanish—with activities related to the six protective factors.
- Access and share videos from our gallery to your social networks featuring State and national child abuse prevention programs.
- Download outreach materials to promote National Child Abuse Prevention Month in your community.
- Post widgets to your website and add them to your email signature.
- Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter with #PreventionMonth and #NCAPM2017
For more information on Prevention Month, contact Child Welfare Information Gateway at 1.800.394.3366 or email@example.com.