Request a Registry Check on Yourself

Under Vermont law, you may request a search of Vermont's Child Protection Registry on yourself if you were/believe you may have been substantiated for child abuse/neglect.

How do I request a search?

  1. Complete the Child Protection Registry Self Inquiry Request Form.
  2. Have the form notarized by an official notary public.
  3. Mail your completed form — along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope — to the address listed on the form. Forms submitted by email or fax will not be processed.

What happens next?

If you are entitled to a search, we will do our best to complete it within 10 business days.

We will notify you of our findings in writing. If your name is found on the Registry, you will be told the date and nature of the finding.