CIS Specialized Child Care provides quality child care and specific supports to children:
- In families with open cases with DCF's Family Services Division (Protective Services Child Care);
- In families experiencing significant stress in areas such as shelter & safety (Family Support Child Care); and
- With special physical, behavioral, or developmental needs (Special Needs Child Care).
Benefits of Using Specialized Child Care
- If you're eligible for specialized child care, you are likely also eligible for Child Care Financial Assistance.
- Specialized child care providers have:
- Agreed to maintain good regulatory standing and be open to program improvement;
- Taken an initial six-hour Basic Specialized Care Training; and
- Agreed to take an additional six hours of specialized training a year.