Memo about CDD Regulatory Process for School Mergers
To: Public School Operated Center Based Child Care PreK and Afterschool Programs, Superintendents, Principals and Early Childhood Education Coordinators
From: Ken Schatz, Commissioner, and Reeva Murphy, DCF Deputy Commissioner for Child Development
Subject: Vermont’s Early Childhood Professional Development System
Date: June 30, 2017
Cc: Rebecca Holcombe, Secretary of Education and Al Gobeille, Secretary of Human Services
The Child Development Division (CDD) of the Department for Children and Families is providing this memo to clarify a new streamlined process for school operated programs licensed by CDD affected by school mergers.
CDD recognizes that many school districts are affected by mergers, which sometimes result in school operated child care and education programs licensed by CDD (child care, preK and afterschool programs) receiving new federal employment identification numbers (EIN). The streamlined CDD regulatory process entails the following steps:
- Complete a new CDD Provider Profile form;
- If using a trade name as the program name, please forward the trade name certificate from the Vermont Secretary of State’s office (ex. Vermont Elementary School doing business as Super Troopers Child Care and Preschool);
- Forward a copy of the federal documentation of the school’s new EIN received from the IRS;
- Forward a completed W-9 with the new federal EIN;
- Complete a new CDD Licensee Responsibilities form; and
- If the program provides after school services for a fee and serves families receiving Child Care Financial Assistance Subsidy, please complete a new Provider Agreement, Part 1, Financial Services form.
Please send to CDD the applicable completed and signed documents above. Please used this CDD Provider Profile form and CDD Licensee Responsibilities form. To access the most current W-9 and Provider Agreement, Part 1, Financial Services form, please print them from the CDD website (http://dcf.vermont.gov/cdd/forms-child-care-providers). Using this streamlined process will result in school programs retaining their same CDD license numbers, which will mean that STARS certification and, if applicable, Act 166 preK prequalification will not be interrupted as a result of a school merger.
Please note that school programs that are changing buildings or room locations will have additional steps to complete and are required to contact the Licensing Field Specialist assigned to their area http://dcf.vermont.gov/cdd/whos_who. For general questions, please contact the CDD Licensor on Duty line (800) 649-2642 option 3.