BFIS Upgrade January 12th
On Thursday, January 12th Bright Futures Information System (BFIS) will not be available starting at 1:30 PM for upgrades to the system. We anticipate BFIS being available again at 8:00 AM on Friday, January 13th.
Changes you will notice after this upgrade include:
- Child care licensing site visits reports will be available to the public, including visits where no violations were cited. Click here to see a preview.
- Individuals will begin receiving a copy of their record check outcome letters through their BFIS Quality & Credential Account (copies of the letter will also be available to the program in the BFIS Program Account). Please remind staff that they should not share their BFIS username and password with anyone (including other staff or the director of the program). Information in their case is confidential, and only should be accessed by the individual.
- The variance request link for requests related to a specific licensing rule in the program’s account was updated to match the information requested by the licensing rules. Click here to see information about this variance request.
- A new link will be available for programs to request a variance when an individual has not passed a record check with the division – this new link is called “Record Check Variance.” Click here for more information.
- In the list of staff in the program’s account you will see a column that states “Qualified”, this is a column that is being updated by child care licensing over the next 24 months. Here is more information about that column.
- The BFIS Quality & Credential Account will now save the history of Individual Professional Development Plans.
- The ability for CDD to hide site visits and violations from public viewing on BFIS. CDD will be hiding all site visits and violations received prior to July 1, 2012 – and should be complete the process by April 1, 2017.
Visit our Bright Futures Information System (BFIS) page to see more factsheets and tutorials.
As with all upgrades we occasionally run into issues we did not anticipate. If you experience any difficulty with BFIS after this upgrade, please notify the BFIS Help Desk at AHS.DCFCDDBFISHelpAdministrator@vermont.gov