2018 Strengthening Families Grant Announcement
The Child Development Division announces the opportunity for 3, 4 and 5 STAR participating child care programs to apply for a Strengthening Families Grant. The Strengthening Families Grant Program offers regulated early care and learning programs an opportunity to apply for limited funds in a competitive process. Grants are awarded for a one year period with an option to fund each successful applicant for up to three years overall in each round. Grants must be submitted online (link available end of February) by 4:00 PM March 19th, 2018.
The services enhanced by this Strengthening Families grant relate to the following Act 186 Outcomes of Well-being:
- Vermont’s children and young people achieve their potential including children are ready for school
- Vermont’s Families are safe, nurturing, stable and supported
The primary goal of these grants is to ensure affordable access to high quality comprehensive early care and education programs for children and families challenged by economic instability and other environmental risk factors. Additional goals are to maintain/increase a supply of high quality infant-toddler care and to increase family strengths and resiliency in providing a nurturing environment that promotes the early development of their children.
Criteria to apply: Applicants who do not meet this criteria at the time of application will not be considered. To apply/be eligible to receive and maintain a Strengthening Families Child Care grant, programs must ensure affordable access to their quality program by meeting the following criteria at the time of application:
- Is in good standing with VT Child Care Licensing regulations
- Enrolls children/families eligible for and participating in CDD’s Child Care Financial Assistance Program (CCFAP)
- Enrolls infants and toddlers.
- Participates in Vermont STARS at least at the 3-star level
- Provides full day/full week/full year child care services.
- Adheres to the CCFAP Provider Rate Agreement without any intentional program integrity violations.
Conditions of the grant: To receive and maintain a Strengthening Families Child Care grant, programs must ensure affordable access to their quality program by meeting the following criteria within two months of the grant award:
- Approved as a Specialized Child Care Services Provider
- Accept CCFAP Maximum Rate as full payment for child care services provided to families receiving 100% of Child Care Financial Assistance Program benefit. (This does not apply to children in state custody)
- Participate in a program orientation which must include both the person responsible for program implementation and the person responsible for attendance and invoicing
In this round, the maximum amount of any individual grant award is adjusted for program size. See the chart in the grant overview on the website http://dcf.vermont.gov/cdd/providers/grants/sf.
For more information about the grants, application and budget forms go to our website: http://dcf.vermont.gov/cdd/providers/grants/sf