Helps families and individuals who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
There are a variety of services available throughout the state:
- Emergency shelters;
- Transitional housing;
- Services and financial assistance to prevent homelessness and quickly re-house families and individuals who are homeless, including:
- Housing search and placement;
- Landlord tenant mediation;
- Help navigating housing resources;
- Help with money management/credit repair;
- Follow up services to help maintain housing; and
- In some cases, help with financial expenses such as rental arrears, rental assistance, and security deposits.
To learn about the services available in your community, dial 2-1-1 toll free from anywhere in Vermont or go to vermont211.org.
To learn about efforts to end homelessness in Vermont, go to http://helpingtohousevt.org