Jobs for Independence (JFI)

man working on computerIf you get 3SquaresVT, you may be eligible for JFI — a free job readiness and training pilot program. 

If selected, you could get $50 or $75 just for participating!

We can help you even if you:

  • Don't have stable housing
  • Have a mental health issue
  • Are struggling with substance abuse or recovery
  • Have a criminal record

man fixing somethingWhat help is available?

If you are selected for the program, we could help you:

  • Develop new job skills
  • Pay for things you need for work, like car repairs and work clothes
  • Get your Commercial Driver’s License, LNA, CNA or other industry-recognized certificate
  • Earn the Governor’s Career Ready Certificate at the Community College of Vermont (CCV)
  • Overcome barriers that may be keeping you from work (e.g., criminal record, mental health issue, substance abuse, or unstable housing)

How can I learn more/apply?

There are three options to learn more/apply:

  1. Call your local Community Action Agency 
  2. Complete this survey to have someone contact you
  3. Call 1-800-339-6433

Funding provided by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) — an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Mp3Listen to our  radio ad about the Jobs for Independence (JFI) program